Recipe by Mimi in Maine
Cream cheese and olive is a classic everything. I always have this mixed up in the refrigerator. We use it in the morning on English muffins or bagels. We use it on crackers--just for a snack. My mom made it in a sandwich to put in my lunch box for school. My husband likes me to put some sour cream with it and make it into a dip. The number of olives that you put in depends on your taste. This is so simple and good.
Top Review by KitchieWitchyGoo
This is great on Bagels and English Muffins, but is also good as a sandwich. Sometimes I just make it for a snack and dip celery pieces in it, or crackers or chips. (Those Kettle chips work well with this!)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (room temperature)
- 20 -25 stuffed green olives (cut up)
- 2 tablespoons olive juice
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon milk
Directions See How It's Made
- If my cream cheese is not at room temperature (as it usually is not), I put it in a bowl and microwave it just a little to soften it--don't cook it.
- On a bread board, cut the olives up; if you want more or less, use what you like (I like a lot of olives).
- Put in the olive juice and milk and mix well.
- If you want it for a dip, add the sour cream--adding more if you want.
- Keep refrigerated.