Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great for a light lunch, or a savory side for a special dinner.
- 2 1⁄4 cups baking mix
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup green olives, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) jarpitted kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (3 ounce) log goat cheese or 1 (3 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- Pulse first 4 ingredients in a food processor 3 to 4 times or until combined.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Pat dough to a 1/2-inch thickness; cut with a 2-inch fluted cutter. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake biscuits at 425° for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Pulse kalamata olives and next 6 ingredients in a food processor until combined.
- Split biscuits in half, and spread cut sides evenly with goat cheese; top with olive mixture.
- Note: To make ahead, bake biscuits as directed. Cool completely on baking sheets on wire racks. Cover and freeze until firm. Place biscuits into zip-top plastic freezer bags; freeze up to 2 weeks. Remove from freezer; place on baking sheets, and let stand 30 minutes. Bake at 325° for 7 to 10 minutes. Prepare olive-parsley mixture as directed. Place in an airtight container; freeze up to 2 weeks. Thaw in refrigerator 24 hours. Stir before serving.