Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is super easy and can be made with Nutella or your favorite fudge icing. It can be prepared before dinner, or the night before serving. It requires a minimum of 2 hrs chill time.
- 1 butter pound cake, loaf pan type (store bought or homemade)
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup toffee pieces, chopped fine (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup nutella (or chocolate icing)
- Cut pound cake in half horizontally (or in 3 even horizontal slices and make it even more fanciful. Just half the filling for each layer). Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Spread cream cheese on bottom piece of cake. Sprinkle with toffee bits (if using) and gently press the pieces into the cream cheese. Spread the other half of the pound cake with Nutella.
- Place Nutella cake over top of cream cheese side (like a sandwich). Immidiately wrap cake tightly in foil, place back into loaf pan, and refrigerate 2 hrs or overnight.
- When ready to serve, cut into 6 wide slices then cut the slices in half (making 12 pieces total).
Strangely I couldn't find a plain pound cake so had to use a raspberry one. I've never had Nutella, but DH is always raving about it. I found layering the pan with the foil made it super easy to slide it back in the pan. A very interesting combo! DH of course thought it was the greatest :)
You had me at Nutella!
This was awesome! I made this for dinner dessert last night. The filling was thick, but good. My DH usually doesn't eat pound cake, but he ate this and even hinted around for me to make it again. This was so easy to make and it seems like it should of been harder to make. I will be making this again.