Recipe by yooper
A classic bagel topping tossed with pasta?Why not! Taken from Mr. Food's "Easy Cooking" magazine.
Top Review by Alison J.
We will definitely make this again! I used whole wheat rotini, which held the sauce really nicely, and I omitted peas (eww, peas!). I also followed the suggestions given by some other reviewers and increased the parmesan (I probably used 3-4 tbsp for 2 servings) and lox (about 5 oz for the 2 servings). Also, I don't see thenpoint of cooking smoked salmon... I could just use ordinary salmon in that case! So I mixed some in as per the recipe, but garnished with the rest. Spectacular!
- 1 (12 ounce) package bow tie pasta
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- 1 (3 ounce) package smoked salmon, chopped (lox)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, cook pasta according to pakage directions; drain and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine milk, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, salt, black pepper, and onion powder.
- Cook over medium-low eat, stirring until cream cheese is melted.
- Add peas, reduce heat to low, and stir 4 to 5 minutes, or until sauce is warmed through.
- Add salmon and cream cheese sauce to the pasta in the pot.
- Cook over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes, or until thoroughly combined and warmed through, stirring frequently.
- Serve immediately.