Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A classic bagel topping tossed with pasta?Why not! Taken from Mr. Food's "Easy Cooking" magazine.
Make and share this Cream Cheese and Lox Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- In a large pot, cook pasta according to pakage directions; drain and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine milk, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, salt, black pepper, and onion powder.
- Cook over medium-low eat, stirring until cream cheese is melted.
- Add peas, reduce heat to low, and stir 4 to 5 minutes, or until sauce is warmed through.
- Add salmon and cream cheese sauce to the pasta in the pot.
- Cook over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes, or until thoroughly combined and warmed through, stirring frequently.
- Serve immediately.
We will definitely make this again! I used whole wheat rotini, which held the sauce really nicely, and I omitted peas (eww, peas!). I also followed the suggestions given by some other reviewers and increased the parmesan (I probably used 3-4 tbsp for 2 servings) and lox (about 5 oz for the 2 servings). Also, I don't see thenpoint of cooking smoked salmon... I could just use ordinary salmon in that case! So I mixed some in as per the recipe, but garnished with the rest. Spectacular!
3 out of 4 of us loved this. I doubled it easily and left out the peas and onion powder. I added the lox at the last second so it wouldn't cook. It was easy to make and tasty. I served it with a tomato stuffed with Italian bread crumbs on the side. I also thought a simple salad of tomato and onion would be good but tomato season has ended; next year. I'll make this again and leave out the lox for my odd duck or sprinkle some on top of each serving rather than tossing it together. Without the lox this even made for a nice dish. Next time I think I'll also try some dill. Thanks for posting.
The sauce is delicious. I doubled the parmesan cheese and reduced the peas to 1 cup (that was plenty). I will definitely make this again. Thanks for posting.