Recipe by Christine Bettiga
Fun Appetiser for Parties and Picnics! These are sure to spice up your get together.
Top Review by Derf
Sorry CBettiga, Your instructions are very poorly written. Several items listed as ingredients are not listed in the instructions, like the turkey breast, yellow or white onions, serrano pepper and you refer to scallions in the instructions, which are not listed in the ingredients. Also could not figure out what season-all salt was, so used Lawrey's seasoned salt and left out the additional teaspoon of salt, also left out spice essence, didn't know what it was either. In the end we did have a cream cheese and jalapeno tortilla appetizer today, but I don't think it was much like your recipe.
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 12 large flour tortillas
- 1⁄2 jar pickled jalapeno chili, diced (nacho ones)
- 1 small serrano pepper, finely minced (optional)
- 4 green onions, finely diced (tops too)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Season-All salt
- 4 slices deli peppered turkey breast, finely chopped
- 1 -4 tablespoon pickled jalapeno juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together jalapenos, turkey, onion, and seasonings. Add serrano pepper, if you want these spicy.
- Blend in softened cream cheese, add jalapeno juice to thin cream cheese.
- Spread the mixture in a thin layer on each tortilla.
- Roll up tortillas.
- Place rolled up tortillas back into the plastic tortilla bag.
- Secure bag with a twisty tie.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Slice rolls into 1/4 inch pieces and you are ready to serve.
- The rolls can be frozen and sliced before serving.