Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Cream cheese and crab filled wontons.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄4 lb imitation crabmeat
- garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 (16 ounce) package wonton wrappers
- 1 teaspoon butter or 1 teaspoon margarine
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- sweet and sour sauce (optional)
- In a skillet melt butter over med heat.
- Add crab and onion.
- When well heated and starting shred, remove from heat.
- Place cream cheese in medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Add garlic powder and pepper.
- Pour heated crab and onion mixture; combine well.
- In a frypan heat vegetable oil (medium-high).
- Spoon small amounts into wonton wrappers.
- Fold up and drop into heated oil.
- Cook until golden brown.
- Serve warm with sweet and sour sauce.
This is an easy recipe to throw together, but there was way too much cream cheese for my taste. I'm still on the search for the perfect wonton recipe. Until then, I'll stick to my hometown Chinese restaraunt.
Made these because i LOOOVE crab wontons from Changs, but they didnt taste anything like them at all. Hubby said they were a little too cheesy. I had a weird after taste in my mouth. Feels like something is missing. Guess i have to figure it out
My family thoroughly enjoyed this recipe!!! I wish there was a measurement for the garlic powder since I felt I put a little too much garlic powder in it. Other than that they were fantastic and simple to make. Thanks... I will make these again soon! :)