Recipe by PeachPie24
Delicious, healthy and surprisingly simple to make. Sushi is expensive to buy at the supermarket, so making your own will save you tons of money. My husband is a sushi freak! I make this for him all the time.
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cucumber
- imitation crabmeat, leg style
- cream cheese
- nori sushi sheet
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil, add the ginger and rice. Cover and simmer 20 minutes or until rice is cooked.
- Add the rice vinegar and salt to the rice, mix well.
- Lay out your seaweed sheets.
- Moisten your hands with water and divide the rice evenly between the 2 seaweed sheets, flatten the rice. Leave about a half inch of space not covered with rice at the top of the sheets. This will make the sushi roll easier to close.
- About an inch from the bottom, arrange the crab, cucumber and cream cheese in a straight line, from one side to the other (left to right).
- Gently but firmly, roll the sushi as tight as possible (from bottom to top), being careful not to rip the seaweed sheets.
- Wet a very sharp knife and cut the rolls into individual pieces of sushi.