Delicious, healthy and surprisingly simple to make. Sushi is expensive to buy at the supermarket, so making your own will save you tons of money. My husband is a sushi freak! I make this for him all the time.
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil, add the ginger and rice. Cover and simmer 20 minutes or until rice is cooked.
- Add the rice vinegar and salt to the rice, mix well.
- Lay out your seaweed sheets.
- Moisten your hands with water and divide the rice evenly between the 2 seaweed sheets, flatten the rice. Leave about a half inch of space not covered with rice at the top of the sheets. This will make the sushi roll easier to close.
- About an inch from the bottom, arrange the crab, cucumber and cream cheese in a straight line, from one side to the other (left to right).
- Gently but firmly, roll the sushi as tight as possible (from bottom to top), being careful not to rip the seaweed sheets.
- Wet a very sharp knife and cut the rolls into individual pieces of sushi.
thank you so much this was a great and easy way to make sushi.
i'll have 2 try this recipe!..sounds yummy!