Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Cream cheese and crab are two of my favorite ingredients. I would use chipotle as the hot pepper sauce. The servings yield is for cracker appetizer size.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (6 ounce) package frozen crabmeat, thawed,drained,and chopped,reserving 2 tbsps. liquid
- 2 tablespoons minced white part green onions
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup sliced almonds
- In mixer, beat until creamy: cheese, reserved liquid, onion, lemon juice, salt and hot pepper sauce.
- Stir in crab meat.
- Turn into shallow greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake uncovered in preheated 350° F oven 20 to 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Serve hot as a spread on bread rounds or crackers.
Perhaps I did something wrong in making this dip, but it was way too salty and strong-flavored for my taste. I used the best canned crab I could find and doubled the recipe and baked it in a 9" pie plate. Somehow, something went wrong.
A REALLY great appetizer, commonly known as Crab Rangoon when wrapped and deep fried in a wonton wrapper. To get closer to the Crab Rangoon recipe I get in a local Chinese restaurant, you can leave out the hot sauce and serve this with deep fried wonton wrappers cut into smaller pieces. A real crowd pleaser, but best served hot or warm.