Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 4 large eggs, hard-cooked, peeled, and halved lengthwise
- 2 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons chutney
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
- 1 -2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice or 1 -2 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 -2 teaspoon minced jalapeno
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped dry roasted peanuts or 1⁄4 cup cashews
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Carefully remove the yolks from the whites; place the whites, cut side up on a plate.
- With the back of a spoon, press the yolks through a sieve into a small bowl, or mash them in the bowl with a fork.
- Add in the cream cheese and mash them with a fork until blended.
- Add in the chutney, breaking up any large chunks with the fork; stir to blend.
- Using a wooden spoon, gradually beat in enough milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, so the yolk mixture is smooth and fluffy.
- Taste and add lemon juice or lime juice, jalapeno, and ginger to taste, if desired; season with salt to taste.
- Using a teaspoon, carefully stuff the whites with the yolk mixture, mounding the tops.
- Garnish each with a sprinkling of nuts and a pinch of cilantro; serve at room temperature or chilled.