Recipe by Kitchencrazy in NC
All You December 2011 Magazine- Haven't tried this recipe yet
Top Review by DailyInspiration
This is a very tasty appetizer. Love the combination of the cream cheese and chutney. I made as directed with one exception -- I used peanuts vs. pumpkin seeds as I thought it would compliment it better. I also placed the peanuts on top of the chutney and green onions vs. on the outside. I ground more peanuts and placed them on the outside as well. Made for Spring PAC, April, 2013.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, chilled
- 1⁄4 cup mango chutney, large pieces minced
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced scallion
- 1⁄3 cup raw hulled pumpkin seeds
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cream cheese between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and gently roll out to a 9-by-6 inch rectangle. Place in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Remove top sheet of plastic and spread chutney over cheese, leaving a 1-inch border on one of the long sides. Scatter scallions on top.
- Using plastic wrap, roll up cream cheese into a log, with plain border at end. Cover tightly with plastic and chill for at least 8 hours or up to 2 days.
- Place a small skillet over medium heat to warm. Add pumpkin seeds and salt, then toast, shaking pan often, until seeds are fragrant, about 3 minutes. Immediately transfer seeds to a bowl to cool. When cool, roughly chop.
- When ready to serve, unwrap cheese and gently press chopped pumpkin seeds all over outside. Serve with crackers, if desired.