Recipe by Michelle Berteig
I cut this recipe off from either the back of a box, or maybe the packaging for some bakeware, as it is printed on cardboard. I haven't made it yet, but it sure sounds good!
Top Review by Esponda1
Excellent recipe! Only change I made was that instead of using normal cocoa powder I had to use Dutch-Processed Cocoa powder which affect the reaction with baking soda. I used 1 teaspoon of baking soda and 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder and it worked great. Thanks!
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat together cream cheese, egg and sugar until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease and flour muffin pan.
- Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Add remaining ingredients. Mix until batter is of smooth consistency.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of batter into each muffin cup. Dab on four separate rounded teaspoons of filling close to the edges of each muffin.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Let cool for 20 minutes before removing from muffin pan.