Recipe by Abbs <3
Another recipe from the cookbook that my boyfriend bought. Good for a formal breakfast or informal dinner. Serve with cantaloupe or honeydew melon.
Top Review by Linky
My DH and I both loved this - cut the recipe in half for the two of us. I "lightened" up as many ingredients as I could: light balsamic and vinegar dressing on the mixed greens, 2 whole eggs plus 3 egg whites, cooking spray in the pan instead of butter. The way I read the instructions, the greens are a salad side on the plate along with the eggs and toast, NOT incorporated into the eggs themselves. Made for Herb of the Month: Chives
- 1 (5 ounce) bag mixed baby greens
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces light cream cheese, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 slices multigrain bread, toasted and each cut in half diagonally
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium bowl, toss greens with oil, vinegar, and a pinch of salt. Set aside. In large bowl, with wire whisk, beat eggs, chives, pepper, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 cup water until blended.
- In nonstick, 10-inch skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add egg mixture to skillet. As egg mixture begins to set around edge, move it gently toward center to allow uncooked egg to flow toward side of pan. When eggs are partially cooked, add cream cheese and continue cooking, stirring occasionally until egg mixture is set but still mosit, about 1 minute.
- To serve, divide greens about four dinner plates. Place two toast halves on each plate, spoon eggs over toast.