Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Low-Fat Meals, this potato dish doesn't taste low-fat.
Make and share this Cream Cheese and Chive Mashed Potatoes (Low-Fat) recipe from Food.com.
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled, 1-inch pieces
- 8 tablespoons low-fat cream cheese
- 1⁄3 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄3 cup fresh chives or 2 tablespoons dried chives
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In medium saucepan over high heat, boil potatoes in 2 inches of water about 12 minutes, or until tender; drain thoroughly.
- Shake potatoes in pan 1 to 2 minutes over low heat to dry thoroughly.
- Mash potatoes with electric mixer or potatoe masher. (Do not overbeat).
- Mix in cheese until melted.
- Mix in milk and chives.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir gently over low heat just until heated through.
Yummy!!! You wouldn't know that these are low-fat!! I made this to serve one (with leftovers), using one very large potato and the rest as written. I chose to make them creamy/smooth using an electric mixer, so I added the chives at the very end. I love the flavor added by the chives and think I will add them to all mashed potatoes, so good!! Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe. Made for you win in the football pool, congrats!!!
Loved it! I used what we had on hand and it still turned out great - scallions instead of chives, chicken stock instead of milk. DELISH!
This has become a favorite. I used regular cream cheese instead of low-fat and added garlic the last time. Came out great! Thanks!