Recipe by Always in the kitchen Connie
This is by far my most requested recipe. It has turned many non-mushroom lovers into converts. They will start by just trying the filling and eventually try one with the mushroom. I usually peel my mushrooms, instead of washing them. (I know you lose some of the vitamins), This way they can be prepared up to the baking point a day ahead.
- 1 lb bacon
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 1 lb fresh white mushroom
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice bacon and fry until very crisp. Drain on paper towel.
- Mix onion and Worcestershire sauce with softened cream cheese.
- Add bacon; mix well.
- Clean and remove stems from mushrooms.
- Fill mushroom caps with cream cheese mixture.
- Mushrooms can be refrigerated at this point, if made in advance.
- Bake in preheated oven, 375°F for 13 to 15 minutes, or until tops are lightly golden.
- Watch carefully the last few minutes.