Always in the kitchen Connie's Note:
This is by far my most requested recipe. It has turned many non-mushroom lovers into converts. They will start by just trying the filling and eventually try one with the mushroom. I usually peel my mushrooms, instead of washing them. (I know you lose some of the vitamins), This way they can be prepared up to the baking point a day ahead.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dice bacon and fry until very crisp. Drain on paper towel.
- 2Mix onion and Worcestershire sauce with softened cream cheese.
- 3Add bacon; mix well.
- 4Clean and remove stems from mushrooms.
- 5Fill mushroom caps with cream cheese mixture.
- 6Mushrooms can be refrigerated at this point, if made in advance.
- 7Bake in preheated oven, 375°F for 13 to 15 minutes, or until tops are lightly golden.
- 8Watch carefully the last few minutes.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 743.7
- Calories from Fat 641
- Total Fat 71.2 g
- Saturated Fat 29.5 g
- Cholesterol 139.5 mg
- Sodium 1119.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 20.9 g