Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A new combo that DH tried tonight.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons light cream cheese, softened (get a garlic and herb variety, or make your own by mixing in your favourite flavours)
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and finely crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix cream cheese and bacon.
- Flatten the chicken breasts to a uniform thickness of about 1/4 inch. I do this by placing the chicken in a zipper bag and pounding it with my rolling pin!
- Spread the cream cheese and bacon mixture on one side of each chicken breast.
- Roll up each breast carefully, starting at one of the narrow ends.
- Roll each breast in the bread crumbs to coat.
- Place, seam side down, on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
Enjoyed the flavours, thanks for sharing.
Thia was a big hit with my BF, and he is such a very picky eater, and hates when I try new things which I love to do, so this goes into the DEFITE REPEAT book of recfipes:) Thank you soo much!
We loved this recipe. Even my husband, who isn't a big chicken fan, thought it was great and asked if I would make it again. I made it exactly as written. Thanks for sharing a great recipe.