Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
This cake is so buttery delicious! Add in some dried cranberries or dried cherries for the holidays!
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, soft
- 3 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 cups flour, sifted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 eggs
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 3⁄4 cup ground almonds, divided
- Set oven to 325°F (set oven rack to second-lowest position).
- Generously grease a tube or bundt pan with softened shortening.
- Coat/sprinkle the insides of the pan with about 1/4 -1/3 cup ground almonds.
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter and cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add in the sugar and beat for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the eggs and extract, beat until well combined.
- In another bowl, sift together flour, salt and baking powder.
- Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and beat well.
- Add in about 1/2 cup ground almonds and mix well to combine.
- Carefully spoon the batter into pan on top of the almonds.
- Bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes (careful not to over bake).
Our daughter described this recipe as "being like crack!" It's that good! No modifications.
The almond flavor is phenomenal! This was so easy to put together. I mixed it up within the alotted 15 minutes and baked it at 315 and 320 because my stove runs hot. If you are looking for a pound cake - choose this! I served this amazing pound cake with sliced strawberries.
When I saw the ingredients in this pound cake, I knew it would be spectacular. I wasn't disappointed. The flavor is delicately almond and not too sweet. The cake is a light, yet dense in texture. This is a cake for any occassion. I made exactly as directed, not skimping on a thing. I am so glad you shared this with us, Kittencal!