An adopted recipe, I have made this ahead when having company over for and easy breakfast. Original Intro: A great moist coffee cake.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup milk, room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup dried cherries (or other dried fruit)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄8 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray a 9 x 13 cake pan.
- Cream butter, sugar and cream cheese very well until smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time, scraping down as needed add vanilla and mix inches.
- Sift together dry ingredients and add alternately with milk.
- Stir in cherries.
- Spread into cake pan, smooth top Mix topping ingredients (excluding almonds) together.
- Sprinkle almonds then topping over batter.
- Press lightly.
- Bake until tests done.