Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Can be made ahead
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 cup chopped toasted almond
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- garnish toasted sliced almonds
- Combine first 4 ingredients; beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Gradually add flour, beating well.
- Press dough into a lightly greased 9-inch square pan. Set aside.
- Combine cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, egg, and 1 teaspoons lemon rind; beat at medium speed until smooth.
- Stir in almonds; spoon mixture over prepared dough.
- Bake at 300F for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until set.
- Combine powdered sugar, water, and cinnamon, stirring well.
- Dollop topping onto uncut warm bars.
- Let stand 1 minute; spread evenly.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Cover and chill 3 to 4 hours.
- Cut into bars.