Recipe by tigerduck
Glenhodag was looking for Brezeli recipes, a Swiss cookie you need a special iron for. Glenhodag's grandmother is Swiss and introduced her to this Swiss speciality. As I don't have a Brezeli iron, I couldn't try the recipe. This recipe differs from the Berner Brezeli recipe (also posted on zaar) in that the dough is liquid, and you therefore place it on the middle of the iron, and not on the individual ornaments. The Brezeli are separated when they are cold. Preparation time is estimated.
- 250 g flour
- 150 g sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 300 ml cream
- 100 ml water
- oil, for brushing (or liquid butter)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingridients well.
- Leave dough rest for 1/2 an hour.
- Brush oil (or liquid butter) on tin surface.
- Place 2 tablespoons of dough on middle of iron.
- Close iron carefully.
- Separate Brezeli when cold.
- IMPORTANT: Brush iron with oil or liquid butter every time!