1/2 Photos of Cream Biscuits
Susan Dillard's Note:
I got this recipe from Bon Appetit Magazine in 1979, and have been making them ever since. They are the easiest biscuits to make and turn out perfectly every time. Bonus, there's no messy shortening to mess with!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Butter baking sheet or square baking pan.
- 3Sift first 4 ingredients into large bowl.
- 4Fold in enough cream to make soft dough that can be handled easily.
- 5Turn out onto floured board and knead about 1 minute.
- 6Pat to 1/2- 3/4 inch thickness.
- 7Cut into rounds or squares, dip in melted butter and place on baking sheet (do not crowd; biscuits should not touch).
- 8Bake until golden, about 15- 18 minutes.
- 9Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (453 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 130.4
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 193.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 2.4 g