I got this recipe from Bon Appetit Magazine in 1979, and have been making them ever since. They are the easiest biscuits to make and turn out perfectly every time. Bonus, there's no messy shortening to mess with!
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Butter baking sheet or square baking pan.
- Sift first 4 ingredients into large bowl.
- Fold in enough cream to make soft dough that can be handled easily.
- Turn out onto floured board and knead about 1 minute.
- Pat to 1/2- 3/4 inch thickness.
- Cut into rounds or squares, dip in melted butter and place on baking sheet (do not crowd; biscuits should not touch).
- Bake until golden, about 15- 18 minutes.
- Serve hot.