Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is from "The great Canadian cookbook" -A celebration of great Canadian cooking. Yumm sound great for fresh strawberry shortcake. I can't wait to try these.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients. Quickly stir in cream.
- Add more if necessary- dough should be soft, slightly sticky but manageable.
- Turn out on lightly floured board.
- Work into smooth round.
- Pat or gently roll into rectangle.
- Fold dough over 4 times.
- Pat or roll into rectangle again. (this makes biscuits flaky and easy to seperate into layers).
- Dough should be about 1/2" thick.
- Cut with round cookie cutter or biscuit cutter.
- Place on greased baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve with strawberry Jam or Canadian honey.
- Yields 10-12 biscuits.