Tricia Foley's Note:
This recipe is from "The great Canadian cookbook" -A celebration of great Canadian cooking. Yumm sound great for fresh strawberry shortcake. I can't wait to try these.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Mix dry ingredients. Quickly stir in cream.
- 3Add more if necessary- dough should be soft, slightly sticky but manageable.
- 4Turn out on lightly floured board.
- 5Work into smooth round.
- 6Pat or gently roll into rectangle.
- 7Fold dough over 4 times.
- 8Pat or roll into rectangle again. (this makes biscuits flaky and easy to seperate into layers).
- 9Dough should be about 1/2" thick.
- 10Cut with round cookie cutter or biscuit cutter.
- 11Place on greased baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 12Serve with strawberry Jam or Canadian honey.
- 13Yields 10-12 biscuits.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 247.4
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 44.2 mg
- Sodium 389.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 4.0 g