Recipe by nranger7
I copied this recipe years ago out of a cookbook a friend received for Christmas. It has been one of my favorite pasta recipes ever since. I can't stand mushrooms, so I never use them. I also use lobster meat sometimes. Imitation crab and/or lobster meat works well in a pinch. Sauce tends to thicken after removed from heat. Since the recipe was listed as a sauce, it didn't give an exact amount of pasta. It simply recommended using a shell or curly type. I'm guessing 6-8 ounces is how much I use and I usually use rotini. Cooking the pasta isn't included in cooking time.
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 clove minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced mushrooms
- salt, to taste
- 6 ounces precooked baby shrimp
- 8 ounces dried crabmeat
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients (except last 3) into a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Add cooked and drained pasta along with shrimp and crab meat.
- Cook for one minute.
- Stir in grated cheese.
- Simmer until all cheese has melted (about 2 additional minutes).