Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is the recipe my grandmother uses to make scones, they are delicious!
- 750 ml self raising flour
- 300 ml fresh cream
- 190 ml lemonade
- Preheat oven to 250C / 480°F.
- Sift flour into a bowl, make a well in the centre, and stir in cream and lemonade.
- Stir with a round-bladed knife until ingredients come together to form a soft dough.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead briefly until smooth.
- Roll out dough to 2cm thickness, cut into rounds using a 5cm cutter.
- Place onto a light greased tray and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden.
- Serve warm with jam and cream.