Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Very tasty, and quick to prepare, with a minimum of ingredients. McLaren's Imperial Cheese (red container, black lid) is I believe a Canadian product from the Kraft family. It's described as a "Sharp Cold Pack Cheddar". If this particular brand is not available to you, I would think any sharp cheddar would work equally as well. Best made the day before serving. Cooking time indicates minimum chilling time.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces imperial cheese (red container with black lid)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
- Allow cheeses to sit at room temperature for an hour to make mixing easier.
- Blend together the cheeses and sour cream.
- Stir in the onion, and celery.
- Form into a ball, and if desired roll in pecans.
- Wrap in plastic and chill well before serving.