A twist on traditional spumoni created by "The Cooks Must Be Crazy" for Zaar World Tour 4.
- 1 1⁄2 quarts vanilla ice cream
For first layer
- 10 dried apricots, chopped
- 3 tablespoons apricot jam
- 1 almond biscotti, crushed
For second layer
- 2 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1 tablespoon amaretto liqueur
For third layer
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, toasted and chopped
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Use a knife to cut the ice cream into three equal pieces. Place the ice cream in three large mixing bowls to soften slightly.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper or plastic wrap.
- Mix the dried apricots, apricot preserves, and biscotti with a third of the ice cream and press into the bottom of the loaf pan. Place in freezer while preparing the next layer.
- Mix the chocolate bar pieces, chocolate syrup, and amaretto with another third of the ice cream. Gently spread on top of the first layer in the loaf pan. Place in freezer while preparing the last layer.
- Mix the almonds and almond extract with the last of the ice cream. Gently spread the final layer on top of the loaf pan.
- Allow ice cream to harden in freezer for at least two hours.
- Remove from loaf pan and slice when ready to serve. Top with a dollop of whipped cream and dust with cocoa powder.