Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Veggies, veggies, bring on the veggies! This is so simple and so tasty. It's great along side a grilled chicken breast. Vary the veggies, add, subtract or swap around as you like or to what you have on hand. Makes 2 main dish servings or 4 side servings.
- 1⁄4 cup butter (or less, as you see fit)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 large potato, diced
- 1⁄2 cup green peas
- 1⁄2 cup chopped broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup chopped carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Melt butter over medium heatand stir in garlic, potato, peas, broccoli, carrot, zucchini and bell pepper.
- Stirring occasionally, cook until potatoes start to brown, about 15 minutes.
- Serve with shredded cheese.
What a great combination, and great way to get some extra veggies into a meal. I had a leftover baked potato, so I used that instead of a raw potato. Other than that, prepared the recipe just as listed using all the vegetables shown. Very enjoyable.
What a wonderful dinner this made. Loved the way this came together and then I tasted it and was in veggie heaven. End up doubling the recipe so as to use all the pepper, squash, broccoli, and so on. Also used only half the butter called for and topped it all with vegan cheddar cheese. Will defiantly make this again. Thanks for the post.
Surprisingly this recipe is really good. You can whip this up in no time at all with great out come. I am so glad I chose to give this recipe a try. We chose to use sweet potatoes in ours. Still came out great. This recipe is now a family favorite of ours.