Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I posted this recipe for the request of those that are asking what crazy salt is, Curry Dip II. A recipe I adopted. You can add 1 teaspoon of MSG which I'm not a fan of. This are made with dried herbs. Keep this along side the range to use as a salt substitute as needed. It keeps the salt intake down, because when you go to use a teaspoon of salt and use this in its place it you really are using just 1/2 a teaspoon salt. That is a good thing! And Great flavor! Makes a nice gift placed in a pretty jar with a ribbon.
- 1⁄4 cup sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sweet paprika or 1⁄4 teaspoon smoked paprika or 1⁄4 teaspoon hot paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon parsley
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest or 2 teaspoons orange zest or 2 teaspoons lime zest
- Blend all ingredients in your food blender or coffee grinder.
- Blend until it is a fine powder.
Had never heard of 'crazy' salt until today...this is going to be a handy thing to have around. Thanks Rita!
I am making this tomorrow and ALREADY know that I will love it!!! It has so many of my "go to" herbs and so many others that I am just learning to enjoy and use. Thanks for this much cheaper and tastier version of the Mrs.!!!
WOW !! This worked out real well, love all the combination of flavors. Used sweet paprika, and orange zest as the options. Used this on Whiskey-Marinated Tenderloins. Made for I recommend tag.