Recipe by Cook Dahveed
I needed to use up some zucchini here at work. Upon looking for recipes I liked the sounds of two and mixed them. We had pineapple and canned pumpkin that needed to be used up so I did just that.
Top Review by lynettezta
These were pretty good. They didn't rise as much as I expected and are kind of dense, but still tasty. I made a loaf and then some muffins too since only have 1 loaf pan. The loaf is really flat, but the muffins are better. Definitely moist!
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sugar (or lessen to 3/4)
- 1 cup pumpkin pie filling
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract or 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour (3 if zucchini is very wet)
- 1 cup oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 dash pumpkin spice
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease and flour two loaf pans.
- Mix eggs, sugar, pumpkin, melted butter, vanilla, lemon extract, applesauce and pineapple together in a bowl.
- In separate bowl mix together the dry ingredients. Then combine the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Stir in the zucchini until well blended.
- Scoop batter into the baking loaf pans until evenly divided.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until done to your liking. I like to leave them in and let the tops get very brown.