Recipe by MiMi3
My husband and I are constantly trying to trim fat and calories. He is also a diabetic. This dish is so quick and easy and tasty. (I did add a little more cheese than it called for and I add garlic when I brown the meat). Granted, it is not a real pizza, but the kids really like it. I don't remember where I found it, but I'm glad I did.
Top Review by Jane Gilley
this was without a doubt the most yummy WW type recipe I have ever tried...I would rate it 10 stars if there were that many. I didn't understand the sweetner until after I tasted the finished product...I used a few drops of liquid instead of granular and omitted the mushrooms. This is one good recipe!
- 8 ounces lean beef or 8 ounces turkey
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms (drained)
- 1⁄2 cup onion (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1⁄3 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sugar Twin
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese (shredded)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray an 8x8 inch baking dish with olive oil flavored cooking spray.
- In a non stick large skillet brown meat in 1 tsp olive oil (salt and pepper the meat to taste).
- Add mushrooms, green pepper, onion and olives. Mix well to combine.
- Stir in tomato sauce, Sugar Twin, and Italian seasoning.
- Remove skillet from heat.
- Separate biscuits and cut each biscuit into 4 pieces.
- Gently stir biscuit pieces into meat mixture.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish and bake 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle shredded cheddar and mozzarella cheese over the top and continue baking until cheese melts, about 10 minutes.
- Place baking dish on a wire rack and let set 5 minutes. Cut into 6 servings. This dish freezes well.