Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A very satisfying dish with a lovely blend of flavors
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced small
- 12 mushrooms, sliced
- 4 artichoke hearts, quartered
- 8 slices sun-dried tomatoes
- 16 slices chorizo sausage, with skin removed
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 cups fresh spinach leaves, rinsed & patted dry
- 1 lb linguine
- 4 tablespoons montrachet (cheese)
- 8 green onions
- Saute onion in olive oil until soft.
- add mushrooms and saute for 10 minutes.
- Add the artichoke hearts, tomatoes, sausage, garlic and oregano,
- Saute until warmed through but not dry.
- add spinach and saute until wilted.
- Meanwhile cook pasta until al dente.
- Top pasta with spinach mixture and top with montrachet cheese and green onion brushes.
This had a decent flavor. I don't know much about chorizo, but mine yielded a LOT of grease; I drained about 1/2 cup off the recipe. I also added asparagus in addition to the spinach and removed the tomatoes before serving. We used rototini and just stirred it all together. I also added some cream to cut the acid a bit. Overall, pretty good.