Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are so fast and easy. Something a little different for breakfast. They are wonderful with maple syrup drizzled on top, and no need to butter.
- Melt butter in 9 by 13 pan in 425° oven.
- Meanwhile place all ingredients in a blender and blend well.
- Leave pan in oven with butter and pour batter over butter.
- Carefully close oven and cook 15-20 minute.
- Pancake should rise up and get golden brown. When you take it out of the oven it will fall.
I have been eating this all my life. The recipe came to me from my mother called a Dutch Baby. I do not know where she got it but it is the easiest dish to make and fun to watch as is rises. The funny part is it tastes just like french toast to me.
We make this alot on the weekends. It is like yourkshire puddings. I alway fry up some apples and maple syrup to serve on top.
This is also a German pancake, or pannekoeken. Love it! I add ham or bacon for a more filling meal to feed the hubby, but me and the kids love it as written with syrup or jam! We also put taco seasoned hamburger in the filling and top like a taco, or top with met, taters, and brown gravy, or put chicken fried steak chunks, hash browns, bacon, and country gravy on top for a stellar breakfast!! If you love eggs you will love this recipe!