Recipe by Shirl (J) 831
If you have never tried couscous, you do not know what you are missing. Not only is it healthy, it is very tasty.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cups fat free chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups couscous
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a pan with vegetable spray.
- Add onions, garlic, and mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes till tender.
- Add tomatoes, oregano and cumin.
- Cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in broth and red pepper flakes.
- Bring to boil.
- Stir in couscous and parsley.
- Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and serve.