Recipe by Debbie18
this is a quick and fun dish to make and eat
Top Review by mama smurf
Wonderful! I made these for DH and I while we watched Boise State University football...soooo easy. I used leftover pork verde (some I had frozen from the week before) and followed the instructions. I put avocados and sour cream on top of the lettuce, tomatoes, onions and jalapenos and salsa. Definately a keeper! Made for Bargain Basement Tag Game.
- 2 cups cooked pork or 2 cups cooked chicken (shredded)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh tomato (diced)
- 1 cup iceberg lettuce (shredded)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped (optional)
- 4 tostadas
- 1⁄2 cup picante sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sliced jalapeno
- 1 lime (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- place tostada shells on cookie sheet in 425 degree oven, bake for 2 minutes.
- remove shells from oven add 1/2 cup of cheese on each shell.
- put 1/2 cup of meat on cheese.
- put 1/2 cup of cheese on meat.
- return shells to oven just to let the cheese melt.
- put shells on plate, then add lettuce, tomatoes, onions, sliced japalenos and picante sauce.
- squeeze fresh lime juice on top (optional).