I made this for my MIL when I forgot to turn on the oven for the turkey roast...It was great!! This was a quick save, and the idea came from a dish she had prepared from a 60's vintage book. The original was more involved, but this tasted just as good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2Place chicken breasts in a glass 9" by 13" baking dish.
- 3In a bowl, mix the two cans of condensed soup with the can of chicken broth (I like to use the reduced fat/reduced salt type).
- 4Pour mixture into baking dish, around chicken.
- 5Sprinkle in the garlic powder, salt and pepper (or you can mix it into the broth mixture).
- 6Slice cheddar cheese 1/4 inch (or less) thick, and place slices over chicken breasts, covering as much as you can.
- 7Bake in preheated oven 50 minutes or until chicken is done (no longer pink).
- 8Prior to serving, (if desired) place slices of bread around the chicken to soak up the cheese/chicken sauce. Serve with rice, as suggested by the review--it's great this way!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crazy Mother-In-Law Pleaser Cheesy Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (391 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 724.6
- Calories from Fat 234
- Total Fat 26.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 192.9 mg
- Sodium 2170.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 70.5 g