Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I wanted to make something quick and easy for dinner and threw a whole lot of middle eastern/indian ingredients together and came up with a meatball and veggie "thing." The B/F thinks I am kind of a freak because I am able to eyeball ingredients, throw things together, and more often than not it will be edible. However in this case he said "this is one of the best things you have ever pulled out of your, ummm head" (sanitized for Zaar). He then forced me to remember, and write it down so I could make it again. So here it is. I have no idea what to call it.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 slice white bread
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelopeof liptons onion & mushroom soup mix
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 small potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1-inch cubes
- 3⁄4 cup corn, frozen (I used a fire roasted)
- 3⁄4 cup carrot, frozen
- 3⁄4 cup green beans, frozen
- 3⁄4 cup cauliflower floret, frozen
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons onion flakes
- 2 tablespoons garlic flakes
- Line 9" x 13 " baking pan with foil. Brush on olive oil to coat.
- Cover bottom of pan with the first 5 ingredients for the vegetable mix. Sprinkle the last 4 ingredients over the vegetables and then drizzle olive oil.
- Combine all the meatball ingredients in a medium sized bowl till well incorporated. Roll into 2" balls and place on top of the frozen vegetable mixture.
- Cover pan with another sheet of foil sprayed with non-stick olive oil spray and seal tight.
- Bake in 375 degree oven for 60 minutes.
- Serve in bowls or over steamed rice.