Recipe by KT's Mom
These meatballs are great as an appetizer or to take along to a potluck. You can make them as small as you'd like. I usually throw them in the crockpot to take along to buffets but never seem to have any left to bring home. Somewhat time consuming but worth the effort!
- 2 lbs ground chuck (I use ground round)
- 1 package dry onion soup mix
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 (14 ounce) can sauerkraut (rinsed & drained)
- 1 can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 bottle chili sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the first four ingredients in a bowl.
- Form into small size meatballs and place in 9x13 pan.
- Combine kraut, cranberry sauce, brown sugar and chili sauce in blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture over meatballs and bake covered at 350 degrees for 2 hours.