Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Trying to get your family to eat sauerkraut? Maybe you should try this "crazy" dish!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 package dry onion soup mix
- 1 bottle chili sauce
- 1 cup cranberry sauce
- 1 can sauerkraut, drained (average size can)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- In large bowl, mix ground beef, bread crumbs, and onion soup mix.
- Form into meatballs.
- Place in 9x13" pan.
- In saucepan, combine chili sauce, cranberry sauce, sauerkraut, brown sugar and water.
- Simmer over low heat till mixed.
- Pour over meatballs.
- Bake at 325 for 2 hours.
This is really great. Don't worry if you're not a big sauerkraut fan because the sauce cuts the pucker power of the kraut. The sweet & spicy sauce is great with the kraut and the meatballs.
Fantastic dish goes great over egg noodles
I always get asked for this recipe--usually from someone who hates sauerkraut--cracks me up--I have also had success freezing the sauce and thrown in a crockpot with premade meatballs from Sam's Club for a quick & easy throw together for company--Thank You Cricket