Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This 3 ingredient marinade is recommended for pork chops or chicken breasts. Why crazy? The main ingredient is lemonade! The recipe is from a Betty Crocker on the grill cookbook.
- 1 (12 ounce) can frozen lemonade, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil or 2 1⁄2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil or 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- If using fresh basil, cut into thin strips.
- Mix all ingredients.
- To use: Pour about 1/2 of the marinade over 2 pounds of pork chops or chicken breasts, cover& refrigerate at least 1 hour but no more than 2 hours; this reserves 1/2 of the marinade for a basting sauce while cooking.
I used fresh basil from my garden. We all enjoyed this recipe. The chicken was moist with a great taste of lemon-basil. Thanks Susie :) made for PAC Fall 2011
OK, so I really thought this 'was' CrAzY, but, I wanted to try it anyway! We grilled the chicken breasts, and the flavor was a bit understated, at first...I saved a breast, for a lunch salad the next day, and WOW, the basil is more pronounced and the lemon was even a bit tangier. I appreciated how easy it was to throw this together; makes it a winner for a week night. Chicken in the marinade in the morning = lovely grilled chicken in the evening! Thanks for sharing, Susie D!
Loved this great marinade! Used fresh basil and marinated boneless skinless chicken breasts. The extra marinade makes a great glaze for the finished chicken and adds that much more flavor. Thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for Spring Pick-A-Chef 2013