Prep 2 hrs 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This can be made two days ahead and chilled or it can be made a few weeks ahead and frozen.
- 907.18 g plum tomatoes, seeded and quartered
- 453.59 g eggplant, cut in 1/2-inch slices
- 453.59 g zucchini, sliced
- 226.79 g portabella mushroom, trimmed and cut in chunks
- 2 red peppers, cut in chunks
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 head garlic
- 340.19 g lasagna noodle, broken up
- 473.18 ml tomato puree or 473.18 ml marinara sauce or 473.18 ml tomato sauce
- 236.59 ml light ricotta cheese or 544.31 g light ricotta cheese
- 59.14 ml basil or 59.14 ml parsley, shredded
- 14.79 ml oregano, chopped or 2.46 ml dried oregano
- 226.79 g part-skim mozzarella cheese, cut in small chunks
- 29.58 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- Arrange tomatoes, eggplant, zucchini, mushrooms, peppers and onions on large roasting pan. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cut top quarter of garlic heads and wrap garlic in foil.
- Roast vegetables and garlic at 400 oven for 45 minutes, or until browned. Note: the garlic might be done before the vegetables, so don't let it get overcooked.
- Cook pasta in boiling water until tender. Drain and rise with cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine noodles with roasted vegetables. Squeeze in garlic,. Add pureed tomatoes, ricotta, basil, oregano and mozzarella. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Transfer mixture to a 13 x 9 baking dish (or 2 8 x 8 dishes) and sprinkle with Parmesan. Cover and bake in preheated 350 oven for 30 minutes. Uncover and cook for 20 - 30 minutes longer, or until lightly browned. Allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving.