1/1 Photo of Crazy Good Cream of Broccoli Soup
Travel Princess's Note:
Great recipe my mom would fix for us, my favorite soup recipe- and we ate a lot of soup. It's pureed so if you don't like that, this isn't for you!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In med. size saucepan cook the broccoli, broth, onion and spices until broccoli stems are tender. (poke with a fork to check).
- 2Remove bay leaf. Puree this mixture in several small batches in your blender. Be careful! this stuff is hot. Only fill your blender half way so you don't hurt yourself and make a mess!
- 3Put pureed mix in a bowl, rinse out saucepan and melt the butter on. med. heat. Once melted, add the flour and whisk together (you are making a rue, like when you make a white sauce). Then add the milk.
- 4Once this mixture has thickened a bit, add the puree. Mix well and then serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crazy Good Cream of Broccoli Soup
Serving Size: 1 (506 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 274.0
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 32.9 mg
- Sodium 854.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 13.3 g