Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Corn on the cob barbecued to sweet perfection in it's own husk. Non corn enjoyers have loved this tasty recipe. Try serving with Simply Grilled or Baked Potatoes for a great BBQ'd feast!
- - Pull husks down without removing them. Pull off the silk and throw out. Stand corn up in a bowl cover the pulled down husks and soak in water for 10-15 minutes.
- - Hold the cob at the end and spread 1 tablespoon of garlic butter (each cob), sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- - Pull husks back up over cob.
- - Roll each cob in a sheet of foil twisting on the ends.
- - BBQ or Bake (in oven place on a baking sheet) 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes (turning every 5 minutes).
- - Remove foil and husks, discard and enjoy.
- *All steps can be done ahead of time up to cooking (refrigerate until ready to cook). This is a great time saver for camping, company or just because.
- *Depending on your taste you could also sprinkle on a small amount of cumin OR smoked chili powder.
- Terrific pared up with recipe#369273.
Every time I eat corn on the cob I struggle with the whole soft butter on hot corn thing...how do you get it to stick? how do you keep it from getting all over your face? This recipe is the answer. No need to add anything after it's cooked. It's just perfect. Thanks for sharing. Made for Gardening Forum Herb/Spice of the Month June 2009.
Obviously, I have had corn and butter before but there was just something so lovely about the addition of the garlic. I think I am going to do that most of the time from now on. I also couldn't get corn with the husks (corn on the cob is actually fairly exotic here in the UK) and I did it in the oven. The only other change was to use reduced fat margarine and it still worked great. Thanks! Made for Oz/NZ tag.
We couldn't buy the corn in the husks (the supermarket had the bright idea of trimming it!) but the flavour of this corn was amazing! So sweet and juicy! i broke each cob in half before I seasoned and wrapped it, and we took it along to the beach for our Australia Day BBQ. It was a hit with the adults and kids alike. Next time, I'm going to sprinkle the adult corn with cayenne pepper fr some kick! We'll have this at all our BBQs now, thanks for posting!