Recipe by Gabe6309
If you are looking for an easy dessert or a snack, here are some delicious Apple Dumplings that you can "DEW" in no time. A good friend of mine passed this recipe along to me and told me I should try it. I thought it was interesting that it actually involves Mountain Dew and it really adds to the flavor! These are phenominal!
Top Review by Chef Itchy Monkey
These are wonderful. And evil. I have made them twice so far. What I learned after the first time was that it really helps to bake them for a full 30 minutes COVERED, and then 15 minutes uncovered. It helps cook the dough more. Also, it really is important to seal the apple wedge within the dough... the first time I made these I left the apple hanging out because it seemed impossible to cover it completely. But the apple was much more tender when I wrapped it completely the second time around. Thanks for posting this!
- 1 (8 ounce) can Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls (The Croissant Kind)
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled, cored and cut into 8 wedges
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar (or light brown sugar)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup Mountain Dew soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- On a surface dusted w/ flour, unfold the Cresent Rolls. Cut them out with along the dotted line.
- Place an apple wedge on the wide edge of each dough triangle and roll up maintaining the croissant shape as much as possible (You will need to close the ends to cover all of the apple wedge.
- Place the dumplings in an 8 in baking dish.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter, sugar and cinnamon over medium heat. Stir in the Mountain Dew. Pour mixture over the dumplings.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, uncover the pan and bake for an additional 15 minutes.