1/3 Photos of Crazy Dipped Pretzels and Chips
A sweet and salty combination recipe from Carnation. Easy enough for kids. Dip, dunk, drizzle and sprinkle as you please. Makes for a pretty small batch; doubles easily, but do not microwave more than 2 cups (12 ounces) of morsels at one time. Cooking time is chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate or 1 cup milk chocolate or 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- 16 pretzel rods, pretzel twists, whole-wheat pretzel sticks or 16 rippled potato chips
Optional Decorative Toppers
- semi sweet miniature chocolate chip
- white chocolate miniature chocolate chip
- candy sprinkles, of choice
- 1Line baking sheets with wax paper.
- 2Microwave 1 cup morsels and vegetable shortening in small, dry, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; STIR. The morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted.
- 3Dip chips and/or pretzels into melted morsels, tilting bowl to easily dip. (I use a measuring cup.) Use side of bowl to remove excess. Place on prepared baking sheets. Sprinkle with Toppers. Refrigerate for 15 - 20 minutes or until set. Store in airtight container at room temperture. Potato chips are best when eaten within a few hours of preparation.
- 4Pretzels and chips may be dipped and drizzled in any variety of melted chocolate for different looks. For example, dip them in semi-sweet chocolate and drizzle them with melted white morsels. Or dip them in milk chocolate and drizzle them with melted semi-sweet chocolate. Don't forget the sprinkles--that's the best part!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crazy Dipped Pretzels and Chips
Serving Size: 1 (18 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 96.8
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: