My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs Italian sausages, casings removed (mild or spicy)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (or to taste)
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup canned sliced mushrooms, well drained (or to taste)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (or to taste)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided (can use more)
- 2 cups pizza sauce (can use more, see my Kittencal's Pizza Sauce)
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a large skillet cook the sausage meat with onion, bell pepper and garlic until browned, stirring to break up the meat; drain fat and set aside.
- 3Grease a 14-inch round deep-dish pizza pan then dust lightly with flour.
- 4In a medium bowl mix together the flour with baking powder, salt, Italian seasoning, black pepper and cayenne pepper (if using) add in milk and eggs, stir until well blended.
- 5Pour the mixture into the prepared pan tilting pan as necessary so that the batter covers the bottom of the pan.
- 6Sprinkle the top of the batter with 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, then sprinkle the sausage mixture and sliced mushrooms over the batter and cheese.
- 7Bake at 350 degrees for about 25-30 minutes or until pizza is golden brown.
- 8Remove from oven and drizzle with pizza sauce, then 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese and then top with grated mozza cheese; return to oven and bake about 8 minutes or until the crust is a deep golden brown and the cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crazy Crust Sausage Pizza (Not With Bisquick)
Serving Size: 1 (371 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 755.4
- Calories from Fat 411
- Total Fat 45.6 g
- Saturated Fat 18.9 g
- Cholesterol 169.8 mg
- Sodium 2344.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 42.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning