Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
Has unusual recipe follow carefully! Delicious! Great for kids and adults alike. Difficult, but worth it! Called impossible pie but don't let that scare you! Perfect for fancy dinner parties! Recipe from about.com http://busycooks.about.com/od/impossiblepies/r/crazypizza.htm
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb spicy pork sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup grated carrot
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups canned pizza sauce
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease and flour a jelly roll pan or 14 inch round pizza pan. Set greased and floured pan/jelly roll pan aside.
- In heavy skillet cook the ground beef, pork sausage, onion, garlic, and carrots until beef is browned. Drain well, if needed and set aside. Stir in mushrooms.
- In medium bowl combine flour, salt, Italian seasoning, baking powder, pepper, and mix well.
- Beat eggs. Stir eggs and milk into flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan (jelly roll pan/pizza pan with grease and flour spread), gently spreading so batter covers pan completely. Arrange meat mixture on batter.
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, spread pizza sauce over meat and sprinkle with cheese. Return to oven for 15-20 minutes more until cheese is melted and begins to brown.
Nice recipe if you have a craving for pizza, but don't have the time. I used red peppers instead of the mushrooms, as I had some that needed to be used. Made for New Kids on the Block Tag Game. :)