Whenever you need pizza quick, this is the recipe to go for! It is not a traditional yeast dough crust...it actually starts out with a batter that turns into a crust. It is extremely easy to prepare, very good and you could probably have it done and on your table before the pizza parlor could :)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb bulk Italian sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups pizza sauce or 1 1⁄2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese or 2 cups pizza cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease and flour a pizza pan or 10 x 15 baking sheet (with sides).
- Combine flour, salt, oregano, pepper, eggs and milk and mix well.
- Pour batter in pan and tilt pan around until bottom of pan is evenly coated.
- Sprinkle the cooked meat, onions and mushrooms over the batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and drizzle on pizza sauce.
- Sprinkle evenly with cheese.
- Bake for about 5 more minutes, or until cheese is bubbling.
- Slice and serve!