Recipe by Jazz Lover
This is one of the easiest and most wonderful cobbler recipes you will ever make. I have been making this for about 20 years and it never fails to get rave reviews especially when served warm with vanilla ice cream! Our favorite is peach.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 egg
- 1 (21 ounce) canfruit pie filling
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift sugar, flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Mix in melted margarine.
- Add egg and mix.
- Pour fruit into ungreased 8 inch square pan.
- Pour batter over fruit.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour.
- Test topping with a toothpick after 50 minutes to test for doneness.