Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
No fuss - no crust to roll out and uses canned apple pie filling. Use cherry, blueberry or any other filling as well. Doesn't get much easier than this!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 egg
- 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- In small mixer bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, egg, shortening and water; blend well and beat two minutes at medium speed.
- Pour batter into deep 9" pie pan.
- Combine pie filling, lemon juice and apple pie spice and pour into center of batter.
- Bake at 425° for 45 to 50 minutes.
I made this recipe as written, and it did not come out like a pie. My friend made hers with apple pie filling and she tossed in the garbage. Mine was made with cherry pie filling. The center is more like a soup! The flavor was good. I think this has more of a texture of a "crisp", and could be served with ice cream maybe? I doubt I that I will make it again.
I made this recipe while growing up and learning to cook. It originally appeared on the back of a bag of flour. So nice to see someone else remembered it too. I think this is a fun quick recipe.
Quick, Easy, Good. Thanks.