We love cranberries! Chilling time is cooking time or non cooking time, I should say.:) Sounds good for a hot day.
- 4 cups cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried cranberries
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, minced (optional)
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- Cube the chicken and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together mayonnaise, yogurt, salt, and paprika.
- Blend in dried cranberries, celery, onion, bell pepper (if using), and nuts.
- Add cubed chicken, and mix well.
- Season with black pepper, salt, and garlic powder to taste preferences.
- Chill at least one hour.
This salad is great. I love the flavors.
Downsized this recipe for 2 of us. It was a really delicious salad. Served over a bed of lettuce and some of my pickled beets. Perfect amount for lunch portion. Had some marinated cooked chicken left over from my previous meal and it was plenty for this recipe. The only thing I changed was to add yellow peppers and not green (because of preference) Didn't really need garlic powder because of the spices on my cooked chicken already. I had made this the night before so it had time to blend flavors. We really enjoyed this dish and will make again. Made for the Holiday Tag '09. Thanks for sharing WiGal
I usually make this kind of recipe with baked chicken breasts from the day before, but this time around it was a purchased BBQed whole chicken that I deboned, skinned & broke up into managable pieces! And, instead of using pepper & garlic powder, I used some lemon pepper (which has garlic in it)! Also toasted the walnuts before adding them! All that for A VERY TASTY MAIN COURSE SALAD! Love those cranberries, too, as you know & I'll admit that I increased the amount used to almost 2 cups! Many thanks for a great keeper of a recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in 1-2-3 Hit Wonders tag]